Sunday, January 22, 2012

Life at LCC

It's been two weeks now that we've been students at LCC. What a transition it has been. For those of you who are close to me, you know what a comfort creature I am. So you can imagine how desperately I've been wanting to find my rhythm here. What I'm coming to realize, however, is how to balance adjusting to a new culture and maintaining the things that I value. Nevertheless, I'm beginning to find my niche here. One of my favorite pastimes right now is exploring the city. I think the rest of the study abroad students would agree with me when I say that the city is just beautiful. There is so much to see! My favorite place to visit is a little bakery in Klaipeda where they sell THE BEST pastries for 1 lita each! (thats about 45 cents) Yeah. You can imagine the will power it takes to practice moderation there. 
Us Americans are also taking full advantage of cheap plane tickets in Europe. A huge group is already booked to go to Rome for 4 days! Myself and a couple of friends will be in London that same weekend (I'll get to see Hillary!). Sometimes I have to stop myself and really take in the moments- who just decides to go to London or Paris for the weekend? Like last night- I went out to watch a friends dance performance in old town. Afterwards, we watched a dance battle (is that what it's called?). After that I spent some time getting to know new friends and then walked back to LCC. But before making it to campus, a friend and I stopped to get kebabas (like gyros) at 12:00 at night. We sat in a courtyard and ate our Lithuanian fast food and shared about our experiences here. I mean. Come on! It's moments like this that are so easy to overlook, but I just have to realize how AWESOME God is to give me this time. 
Anyways. Needless to say, Lithuania is treating me and my friends well. Please continue to ask questions! I'm still not quite sure what to write about. I love you all and miss you SO much :) 
This is the bridge we cross pretty much anytime we want to go anywhere (other than Iki for groceries) 

This is the courtyard I was talking about. Pretty huh? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for ya! :D Not many folks live a life of adventure! First Honduras, now Europe :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are doing good! Its funny because I'm in Turkey right now, and not all that far away from you. I hope you keep encountering God everyday! POWER

    ReplyDelete